iGEM 2016 BNU-China Standard Biological Parts
|BBa_K1891000||α-tubulin||Encodes α-tubulin from human breast cancer cell line Mcf-7||1356|
|BBa_K1891001||β-tubulin||Encodes β-tubulin from human breast cancer cell line Mcf-7||1335|
|BBa_K1891002||BBa_K206000 + BBa_B0034 + Luciferase + BBa_B0015||Encodes complete luciferase under the control of pBAD promoter.||2411|
|BBa_K1891003||N-Luciferase||Encodes N-terminal of luciferase.||1248|
|BBa_K1891004||C-Luciferase||Encodes C-terminal of luciferase.||459|
|BBa_K1891005||α-tubulin+N-Luciferase||Express α-tubulin- N-Luciferase fusion protein||2646|
|BBa_K1891006||C-Luciferase+α-tubulin||Express C-Luciferase-α-tubulin fusion protein||1857|
|BBa_K1891007||α-tubulin+YNE||Express α-tubulin-YNE fusion protein.||1866|
|BBa_K1891008||α-tubulin+YCE||Express α-tubulin-YCE fusion protein||1650|
|BBa_K1891009||YNE+α-tubulin||Express YNE-α-tubulin fusion protein.||1866|
|BBa_K1891010||β-tubulin+YCE||Express β-tubulin-YCE fusion protein||1650|
|BBa_K1891011||YCE+β-tubulin||Express YCE-β-tubulin fusion protein||1629|
|BBa_K1891012||YCE+α-tubulin||Express β-tubulin- C-Luciferase fusion protein||1929|
|BBa_K1891013||C- Luciferase-β-tubulin||Express C-Luciferase-β-tubulin fusion protein||1919|
|BBa_K1891014||P(3HB) (BBa_K934001) with pBAD promotor (BBa_I0500)||Express P(3HB) under arabinose inducement||5426|
|BBa_K1891015||P(3HB) (BBa_K934001) with HSP promotor (BBa_K873002)||Express P(3HB) under heatshock inducement||4263|
- We have registered our team, spent a full summer, and plan to enjoy a feast of knowledge and culture at the Giant Jamboree.
- We have met all deliverables on the Requirements page.
- Our story of Taxolight is described using the iGEM wiki. And we have designed, built and characterized several new functional standard biobricks including: Parts
- We made a poster and presentation, which is going to be presented at the Giant Jamboree.
- The attributions of our work is clear, and we have distinguished the work done by us and work down by others in the wiki.
- We have designed, built and experimentally validated 11 new functional biobricks(BBa_K18910000, BBa_K1891001, BBa_K1891002, BBa_K1891005, BBa_K1891006, BBa_K1891007, BBa_K1891008, BBa_K1891009, BBa_K1891010, BBa_K1891011, BBa_K1891012) and submitted characterization data to the Registry of Standard Biological Parts. And the experimentally validate that at our new biobrick part of our own design and construction works as expected.
- Sixteen new parts that we designed have been submitted to the Registry of Standard Biological Parts.
- We offered FAFU-CHINA meticulous help in the modeling. We helped them to establish a model of ordinary differential equations to illustrate the increment of algae population exactly. See more in our collaborations.
- Laboratory safety: All of our laboratory members have receieved safety training before. We must fill out the log sheet of the laboratory safety after the inspection tour.
- Environmental safety: We have evaluated the project feasibility and its relating security issue. Our kit is consist of proteins and buffer without E.coli . It will reduce the danger that E.coli would do harm to our environment.
Policy & Practice: We organized a series activities to enrich our Human Practice.
- Organize the Mini-iGEM competition in Beijing Normal University: We took a month to complete this competition. As its name, the competition is for small iGEM projects designed by ten groups. They worked as iGEM’s pattern and designed a project or solve a problem using principles of synthetic biology. Then we invited some professors to score these projects and give their advice.
- Interview Dr. Yingyi Wang in Pecking Union Medical College Hospital: We interviewed Dr. Yingyi Wang and communicated with him about the current usage of taxol in clinic and the recent treament methods towards cancer.
- Investigation of Taxus yunnanensis: We spent several days this summer in Yunnan investigating the yew trees there. We went to some places including Yunnan Hande Biotechnology corporation which is the first producing souce of taxol in China, Yunnan Acadamy of Forestry (YAF) and Kunming Institute of Botany (KIB), Chinese Academy of Science. Besides, we carried on some population survey in Heilongtan Park, Yunnan University and Kunming Botanical Garden.
- Orienteering: We designed and organized an orienteering activity "running of biology" in the campus. The rules of the orienteering were designed to bring our ideas to more people.
- Conference: We took part in CCiC conference as well as gave a presentation in this conference. We also improved our project during our communication in the conference.
- Communication: We communicated and exchanged our ideas with Peking and FAFU-China . Through the collaboration with other teams, we all got improvement.
- We have demonstrated a functional prototype of our project. We made a kit based on the experiment and the data from modeling and wet lab to detect the existence of taxol and other medicines that can inhibit the depolymerization of microtube. And we simulated the way of using our device in the laboratory.
- We have characterized a previously existing BioBrick Part, which can produce plastic ( BBa_K934001). We add two different promoters to make the plastic production under the control of L- Arabinose and temperature. See the improvement page for more information.
- We expand on your Human Practice activity by integrating the investigating issues into the design and execution of your project. During the Investigation of Taxus yunnanensis in Yunnan, we learned that the yew plant bases in Yunnan are mainly allocated at sipsongpanna, Wenshan, Diqing, and so on. The distribution of wild yew trees is dispersive and in small population. They are affected by both natural and human aspects. See the Human Practice page for more information.
- We demonstrated our whole system working under simulated conditions in the lab. We used our fusion protein to detect the exsistence of taxol in our lab.
- And we won the gold medal finally !