In this section we decided to expand our operations in order to establish the data from the clarification of professional ideas of individuals with a connection to the topic researched by us.
- An interview with a nutritionist about the need for the "FLAVOFF" product - to determine the necessity of the patent in diabetics.
- Public opinion polls on the need of the population in a product that changes the sense of taste.
Interview with Dietician – Mrs. Meirav Ben Zaken
The purpose of the interview with the dietician, Mrs. Ben Zaken was required to show the need for our product. Mrs. Ben Zaken described the great difficulty in changing eating habits, this change takes a long time and sometimes the patient breaks down and does not succeed in losing weight.
According to her, by providing "FLAVOFF" it may possible to provide preventative treatment for patients with proven genetics of obesity.
Hello Meirav, How common is overweight?
Overweight is considered to be an epidemic. People invest a lot of money, time and energy to reduce weight gain. Overweight is common amongst children (and in on a steady rise), youth and mainly adults. I imagine it could be avoided if there was an option to receive guidance at a young age.
What is the importance of ensuring proper nutrition and avoiding overweight?
Good nutrition leads to a healthy lifestyle. Proper nutrition enables the rejection or postponement of chronic diseases that may break out because of a poor diet as well as the genetic component. As far as a proper diet is concerned we have the ability to influence, the moment a chronic disease breaks out then it is no longer in our hands. Then the disease is treated by medicinal means. Overweight can cause a wide variety of diseases – diabetes, high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, hypercholesterolemia, heart disease and various blood vessel related problems.
Who has the most chance of suffering from overweight?
Genetics - Obesity in the family increases the chances of obesity in children. Environment - an unhealthy lifestyle in sports and nutrition. To my great regret in recent years the culture of eating is unhealthy. People are in a hurry to eat fatty foods, fried foods and tend to eat snacks, which in turn eating fruits and vegetables are disappearing from the menu in most of the population in Israel. The amount of fat in junk food is very high. A person who eats a lot of cheap fast food may find himself in the obesity graph even if genetics is in his favour.
How do you check who is a person that suffers from overweight? What are the indicators? (What Is The Definition)?
Weight in kg. /height in cm. = BMI. With this definition – if the result is 20-25 then it is normal. Above those numbers it is overweight/ obesity.
What can be done to avoid reaching a situation of overweight?
Keep a healthy lifestyle which includes a variety of healthy foods. Do sport. In the end every human being will consume unhealthy foods, the thing here is proportion.
A significant portion of people with high affinity desire to eat sweet food, others like salty foods or dislike bitter foods. Theoretically if we succeed in changing the desire for sweet things, would it be possible to maintain the desired weight?
Of course, most of the people fighting to maintain a steady weight are addicted to sweet tastes. Change could help them with their inner fight which exists while on diet. But .. how is that possible?
- That is our secret…
- I would be happy to use that secret to help ease the fight for my patients.
Opinion polls: whether genetic modification is a blessed or cursed act
(perceptions about gene therapy).
- 300 participants answered the survey we distributed.
- Participants age groups from 15 to 65.
- 100% of participants stated and demonstrated that they understand and know what genetic modification is.
- 100% of participants recognized the potential in the field of genetic modification.
- 80% of participants agreed that the field of genetic engineering should be explored.
- 33% stated they were willing to experiment on their bodies genetic modification for example using the product "FLAVOFF". Most of those who agreed were 25 years old and younger.