Loading menubar.....



  • We officially registered for the iGEM competition and worked hard on our project. We got to meet new people from all over the world and are looking forward to the Jamboree.
  • We met all conditions on the requirement page.
  • To distinguish our work from work done by others, we created contributors page on our team wiki.
  • We documented the new standard BioBrick that we used for our project and then submitted it to the iGEM Registry.
  • We experimentally confirmed that our TALebot is not only more stable when compared to a linear TAL-effector, but also fully functional and therefore a huge step in providing scientists with a TAL-effector that works in vitro.
  • We tried to help other iGEM teams by providing them with our Phabricator-platform and designed other software tools to improve lab work and participation in the competition.
  • To inform students about our lab work, the ideas behind it and discuss ethical questions in the field of synthetic biology, we visited schools and lectures in the University.
  • After conducting a survey about TALEs and synthetic biology, we integrated the results into our project and tried to simplify the use of TALEs. We stabilized them and storage of TALEs is now easy and cheap.
  • Using existing knowledge from the team in Heidelberg in 2014 and their project "Ring of Fire", we developed the experiments for our TALebots and optimized their vector to use it in the lab.
  • By conducting stability tests, we tried to demonstrate functional proof of our project "TALebots".
  • We tried to show that TALebots work under real world conditions by designing microarrays and binding our TALEs to GFP. You can find detailed information about this special part of our project on our project page.

Our project would not have been possible without financial support from multiple sponsors and supporters.
Carl Roth IDT Leibniz University Hannover Leibniz Universitätsgesellschaft e.V. New England Biolabs Promega Sartorius SnapGene


Loading ...