3. Create a page on your team wiki with clear attribution of each aspect of your project.
The contributions each team member made to this year's final project are detailed on this page.
4. Document at least one new standard BioBrick Part or Device central to your project and submit this part to the iGEM Registry. You may also document a new application of a BioBrick part from a previous iGEM year, adding that documentation to the part main page.
Part BBa E0033 compliments our new part, BBa K2105000, both of which are explained on this page.
1. Experimentally validate that at least one new BioBrick Part or Device of your own design and construction works as expected.
We submitted BBa_K2105000 as a brand new part. It creates an incomplete molecule as a step in our project, and is further explained here.
2. Convince the judges you have helped any registered iGEM team from high school, a different track, another university, or another institution in a significant way.
We worked with both Team Sydney Australia and Team Michigan Software, but most notably created a bench-to-bedside guide that can be used by other diagnostic track teams.
3. Demonstrate how your team has identified, investigated, and addressed ethics, sustainability, social justice, safety, security, and intellectual property rights.
A lot of effort went into addressing several human practice components, including making website that discusses ethical concerns and public education. We also proposed a safety system that could be applied in future synthetic biology projects.
1. Expand on your silver medal activity by demonstrating how you have integrated the investigated issues into the design and/or execution of your project.
We talked to experts in public health and medicine about the applications of our project. This led to a handful of changes in our design as well as our approach to the project as a potentially scaling project.
3. Demonstrate a functional proof of concept of your project.
For proof of concept, please visit the parts registry page for BBa_K2105000.