Talk about a Change!
Using the World Café Method to Enrich Public Participation
- The "World Café" is a structured conversational process intended to facilitate open and intimate discussion, and link ideas within a larger group to access the "collective intelligence" or Collective wisdom in the room. Participants move between a series of tables where they continue the discussion in response to a set of questions, which are predetermined and focused on the specific goals of each World Café. A café ambience is created in order to facilitate conversation and represent a third place.
1. Have you ever heard A World Café?
2. Have you ever participated in A World Café?
3. During the process of A World Café, I felt…
4. During the process of A World Café, the topics were…
5. What made the atmosphere relaxing and comfortable?
6. If there is A World Café, will you participate in?
7. How do you like A World Café?
8. If iGEM arrange A World Café in the Giant Jamboree, what’s your attitude?
- World Café has been described as an example of ‘process tools that are well suited to enriching perspectives' and provides a basis for people to be understood. The World Café approach has been used by a range of organizations including corporates, NGOs, non-profits, local government organizations, academic and voluntary groups. We sincerely suggest iGEM arrange A World Café in the Giant Jamboree. For us, it’s a practical method to launch a conference in the further campus life.