Unfortunately, we didn’t succeed to isolate an inducible pIV* in time. But we have managed to optimise methods and protocols that can be quite useful to reach this goal. We just needed some more time because, as the first team of our university, we had to discover the difficulties to lead such an ambitious project, such as looking for sponsors, establishing efficient communications, etc.
Despite this disappointment, we obtained an intermediate phenotype that can still be improved and used. We think our project has some more potential to be exploited and we count on further UCLouvain teams to take over from us.