We have finished all of the safety forms:
Check in form
About our lab
About our project
Final safety form
General safety matters:
In our lab there is a safety training for everyone which covered following aspects:
1. Personal prospective wear: lab coat and gloves must be worn all the time during work,Personnel must wash their hands after experiments, and before they leave the laboratory working areas. Open-toed footwear must not be worn in laboratories. Eating, drinking, smoking, applying cosmetics, handling contact lenses and sleeping is prohibited in the laboratory working areas.
2. Chemical safety: we have printed “Dos and don’ts when using hazardous chemicals” and posted them on marked place.
GMO safety: no biology materials are allowed to bring out of our lab and biology waste must be put to bacterial waste.
Studying biosafety: we have also listed some websites of biosafety for our teammates to study:
Govern biosafety in research laboratories:
Biosafety guidelines of our institution:
Regulations that govern biosafety in research laboratories:
Our lab locates in the building of college of life science and technology in Huazhong Agricultural.This year,our lab have been transfered from the third floor to first floor where the working place is much spacious. There are also two access control system to prevent unauthorized persons form entering, you have to show your student ID card to get into our lab.
Organisms and Parts that we Use
Up to now, the only Organism we used are Escherichia. coli (JT2,CL1,MG1655,DH5alpha,BL21(DE3) included). The parts we use can all be found in our HZAU-China_Safety2016_Spreadsheet.
we used sequences that are already available as Biobricks and we didn’t create new protein coding sequences. We use GoldViewTM as Nucleic Acid Gel Stain, lab gloves must be worn when we use it.
1. Understanding Biosecurity ; National research council of The National Academics ,Rita r. Colwell
2. Laboratory biosecurity guidance; World Health Organization, September 2006, WHO/CDS/EPR/2006.6
3. Laboratory biosafety manual, Third edition ; World Health Organization, Geneva ,2004